As far as I remember editorial design has always been my passion this is why as my final major project , I have chosen to design a Typographic Magazine. It highlights many feautures commonly found in most magazines. and the captivating techniques to communicate to its intended market.
My main reason for taking this particular project on was to learn how to create interesting layouts and to find out more information about publishing in general.
I was inspired by Bauchaus design. Each page has used a different layout and choice of typeface to emphasise its subject matter and reflect an individual characteristic of the magazine.
I screen printed the whole publication because although it is the most demanding print method, i believe it is also the most personal and gives an authentic feel to the finished article.
The cover of the magazine represents visual journalism, the eye reflects a main point and the advertising trick .. - poster is yelling at you- read content pages ...
As screen-printing is not an exact medium to work with, I have attached a digital copy for your reference and comparison to how the overall feel of the magazine had it been printed inline with more commonly found runs such as litho and digital.
COVER CONTENT PAGES - page 3
page 4-5
page 6-7
page 8-9
page 9-10
page 11-12
page 13-14















No comments:
Post a Comment